• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clean fill/black dirt north metro?

Smokey

My mother in law just had a very large elm removed from her front yard. Now that the stump has been ground out she says that there is a 24' by 13' by 1' hole that needs to be filled and seeded/sodded. My math tells me that I need about 12 yards of dirt delivered. Does someone ideas of who to call and approx. how much it will cost. The residence is in Coon Rapids.

Thanks.

Check out the Mulch Store. It is the place behind the Anoka County Park Archery Range. Right off of Hanson and Bunker Hills Rd. They have clean dirt. What I have used is their clean compost which cost about $8/yard. They will load it on your truck or trailer. I filled up my truck over the last few weeks to put down base for my newly sodded yard. They also have a 50/50 blend if you don't want to go all compost. I believe their delivery cost is $75.

I have not been over to look at things since the stump has been ground out, BUT, this was a 60 year old elm that I could not get my arms around (and I'm a skinny 6 footer with long arms) There were a lot of raised roots extending outward everywhere, so it's possible that they took a lot out.

I will head over there to look at it personally before I decide what to do.

The Mulch Store sounds like it might be the ticket.