• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Homemade ATV Trailer

HooknHorns

I just have an old home made 5 x 8 that I use. It used to haul my wheeler until I got my new trailer. Got it really cheap, then just had to put a floor in it. a couple hundred bucks into it is all. I use it behind my wheeler all the time. check c list for trailers. I bet you'd find something you can use pretty cheaply that will fit the bill.

I built my own several years ago. I had an old axle, and I got ahold of a 3x4 foot steel electrical enclosure box. A little welding and a set of old ATV tires and we were on our way. Less than a hundred bucks in it. It hauls a big load of wood and follows directly in my ATV tracks. I use it for wood hauling, hunting and camping.

full-8254-733-copyoflensstuff013.jpg

full-8254-732-lensstuff019.jpg

Sweet looking trailer!! But, really, is there anything that a guy with the name of Macgyver can't make out of nothing?? Just kidding, that is a really cool looking trailer. What was the axle out of? Must have been from something small.

you could have an axle made pretty easily if you weld or know of a welder. Have some one weld the spiders onto a piece of tubing or solid tube and mount it up. or buy a cheap trailer with axle and springs and mod from there.

[NOTE FROM ADMIN: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank You]

The axle was out of an old single snowmobile trailer that I picked up for nothing. I cut it and narrowed it to fit my need. The trailer also has a solid metal cover that seals it up pretty well. I also made a rack on the cover that is strong enough to hold three five gallon jerry cans.