• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I have been using PP on all of my level wind reels that I use for Lake Superior. It is very strong and no memory whats so ever. I have had some really bad line problems caused by a fowled plug and twisted to lines into a major mess, and if it would have been mono, I know I would have just tossed it because of how twisted it got, but with PP it just spooled right back on the reel with no issues. It is a pain to cut but what I have found that works good for me is to grab it with the clippers and give it a quick pull and it will cut it pretty clean. You have to make sure to have your drag adjusted correctly because there is little or no stretch. The one thing that did surprise me is that the knot strength will weaken over time so you want to be sure if you fish a lot to make sure to cut a bit off and retie your knot. I am using 65lb test which is the same diameter as 12lb. The reason for such heavy test is so that my release's can grab onto the line and hold on to it when trolling.

I would recommend PP and do to all my friends

On a scale of 1 to 5 I would give it a 5