• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

need more noise

tanman

i recently bought a 97 kawi vulcan 750 and i would like it to be louder... im new to bikes and i want to know everyones thoughts about drilling out or changing to strait-thru baffles do i just drill holes in the outer ring of the baffle that i can see looking into my pipe? and i cant seem to find the size of my pipes to order new baffles... how would i find my pipe size? its not in the manual and i cant find it online ..... help me out!

If you just want more noise you can drill more holes in the stock pipes. If you want a nice deep throaty sound you will have to get some other type of muffler. I had a Kawi Vulcan 950 and had some Corba slash cut pipes on it and sounded real nice. I now have Vance and Hines Big Shots on the bike that I have now and they sound good as well. Be prepared though... they don't come cheap! The c list and that auction site have them quite frequently as well. If you open up the back end with new pipes you will want to re-jet it as well... It will run lots better after that!!! N Joy the Bike././Jimbo

Try to look up inside the muffler pipe(s) to see if there is a disk tack welded in place that is maybe 4 to 6 inches up inside. If you can see something like that then maybe a hole saw on an extension could cut it out. That should allow more exhaust to come through rather than be forced through the muffler packing.

I put Vance & Hines Powershots on my Vulcan 2000. Louder than stock for sure, but fairly mellow just cruising until you get on it then they make some noise.

i dont want to spend that much for new pipes what about just putting in after market baffles ...some strait thru baffles are $80 does anyone know how they would sound?

If you don't want to spend $500 for new pipes maybe you can find some used ones. If not, you don't have much other choice than to drill/hole saw, or try the baffles.

Mebbey you'd like it with no baffles? smile I would not recommend Cobra Shorts unless you want a REALLY loud bike.