• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Colony II

dfv87

Saw the first show and part of the 2nd. I really got into the first Colony show until the end when they had to "escape". But this new one seems really bad. Cannot seem to relate to any of the people. Anybody else see it?

I can tell you this, if there is fish in that drainage ditch I'd be catching them right now. I migth not have figured out the whole bio-diesel thing (I think they were givin a recipe to be honest), but I'd be getting me some fishies. grin

I agree it is pretty scripted for the people and whether they admit it or not they are "actors". But the concept of the thing is interesting, I just don't relate to any of the characters this time. Last time they had 3-4 engaging characters at least.

I also agree, how come they cannot find any fish? they have nets and fishign stuff... Rednecks that cannot fish?

I actually just watched all of the first season of The Colony and was very entertained. You are right about 3-4 characters that you could relate to in that show. I just finished watching the first episode of season 2 and wasn't as hyped about this one. There were some good fights(I am sure scripted), but your right about the characters. And come ON, you got fishing supplies right there(heck use the maggots off the pigs for bait if you have to) and you can't get a fish? Or just toss a net in 15 times and pray you catch something? I also do not really enjoy how they have to quarantine themselves for 12 hours if they come in contact with an outsider. I understand the premise, but think that is just silly.

Catch some fish already, I hear that!

Looks like the teasers show one of the group getting abducted/captured by the "outsiders", they take the Model, huh, funny how they picked her...

Just cannot get into any of these characters (Yes they are characters/actors) whatever they try to get us to believe.

I really can not remember the guys name, but the one that built the bridge. Boy do I dislike that guy a LOT! This season is not all that bad, but there is no one on this show who I like that much either. Season one had a few good characters. But your right, none this season to really relate to at all. Introducing the 2 new characters did nothing for me either.

that guy is a weak character. Jim? whatever...

Model getting abducted... funny how they planned that one out. This seems like a huge area and they haven't even looked at half of it? wouldn't step 1 or 2 be check out as much area as possible? Recon the whole thing? they find more stuff everytime they go out so why don't they search more? They went out searching with 2 girls and 1 guy and almost got beat up, cmon use your head... lock down the fort with 5 people and send out 4 people to recon/scavenge the place.

Yeah that place is HUGE. And your right, they have not really even searched the place out yet. They happened upon that warehouse and found a bunch of stuff, but got chased out from guys with stun sticks!!

Plus burying that soup in that cooler....How stupid was THAT! Why would they of even let her do that?

For having no food they have thrown away quite a bit of food... to me they probably have more than enough around there to scavenge. Find and trade... It is all set up but they are not doing what real people would do.

I agree. They are doing what makes for better television! I just do not understand how they can not get fish out of that stream? I had thought I saw a preview of a episode where they maybe get a gator? I could of been watching a preview for Dual Survival too....Can't remember.

No I saw the gator thing too... won't matter, they will just throw away most of the food anyway!

They need a polarizing or powerful character to get the show moving and I don't see it. Even the weird inventor guy had his moments but doesn't jump out at ya.

I guess I will watch it but now DVR it or maybe a repeat catch up night if I miss one, not like last year when I was locked in on Tuesday nights... I cannot believe I miss the "Big Monkey Guy"

I think in the 1st colony they had more to work with than they do this time which is why I think they haven't found half the stuff they could use... hence the scavenge and search idea. They settled on that spot pretty quickly also, must be a more defensible and weather safe place than that...

Last episode... return the girl, got the windmill running. Kind of cool how that worked. And I am sure they just "know" how to get that to work... just like they knew how to make bio diesel from pig fat. Anyway they are still keeping my attention but just barely. looks like they catch a gator next week! should be interesting.

They think it is as real as the "real world" or "bachelor" or any one of those other "reality" shows... LIke I said they are likely actors pretending to be normal people. and the show must go on. I just like to critique hwo they do dumb stuff and how I would do something differently...

mrklean... as a matter fact I am that dumb... I am watching this show right? I try to learn some useless facts each time I watch. Pretty soon I will be able to survive anything if I watch enough, manvwild, surviorman and the colony...

Caught and ate the Gator!

Finally they started looking around and they found some stuff, looks like they are finally figuring the stuff is there if they go out and find it.

Next week preview looks like different... Psycho in a trailer?

I don't get to see much as far as previews for next week(I watch the new episodes on youtube). But it was nice to see them catch that gator and get it eaten.

Was it just me or did Jim seem very fake when he got emotional about the thing they found that his kids made? He was sniffling, but I saw no real tears!

I would hope they go to more than one place next week to try and find more stuff. Now that they have plenty of water to last them, they have to start really looking for better food sources. OR, get out of that spot and move to another. The trike thing they made should help them out with gathering new materials and other odds and ends. But I can see something happening like on the first season where Mike crashed their electric car.

Met the new guy and he is living off the land very easily. Of course he is a trained professional, marine sniper, (if I remember correctly).

Boat seems like a good idea to leave... cliff hanger at the end of episode is a phone call! Why am I watching this boring show?