• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Former Gopher coaches now with Nebraska-Omaha

cbrooks

If it is that warm at my cabin, I might just go for Bass. That is just too warm. If I do muskie fish, I think i will go big and get a 53". Sounds like your big dawg should be OK. You just never know if they are gonna float up a day later. For how mean and strong, they sure are a fragile fish. Did you get it trolling. or did the fish just tire out that much combo'd with the warm water. I dont troll ever, but I have seen it takes it toll on some big fish. Problem is, it is a good way to catch fish.

I suppose the Bemidji rink is getting pretty close to being done. I am excited to get up there this fall.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if my PM work Scott(STP computer). I didn't catch it trolling. Don't think all because I'm not fishing for muskies you shouldn't. Its just my choice. I'm kinda getting burnt out on the toothy critters anyway, time to switch it up for awhile.

The rink in Bemidji is looking pretty much done on the outside. Hopefully it isn't too much of a finacial burden to the taxpayers there. Its alot of arena for a town the size of Bemidji. 65 million I think and the state covers 20 million. I think those are the ballpark numbers. If I'm wrong somebody correct me.

That is a ton of money, geeze I cant see how a city like Bemidji could afford or ever make that back.

Do you guys think the new rink will do the trick. I guess I havent been up there for a game in 5 years or so, but it never was that big of a draw even for the small rink. How are they going to fill the new one. What is it going to sit.

Thanks for the pics Sobles, the new rink is looking pretty sweet. You guys were long overdue for a new one.

I think Bemidji being in the WCHA is going to have a big effect on filling the area. Maybe they don't sell out every game but I think they will do ok. I haven't been up to a game in a few years but the atmosphere was always different when a WCHA team was in town vs a CHA or small Easter college from the Atlantic conference. The real test will be when the shine of the new rink wears off.

Also, this just in! Cbrooks catches 51 inch Muskie, Sioux exit in the first round of the WCHA playoffs and miss the NCAA's for the first time in years!

Also, this just in! Cbrooks catches 51 inch Muskie, Sioux exit in the first round of the WCHA playoffs and miss the NCAA's for the first time in years!

Man do I have a big mouth blushNext time I start making promises I'll be sure not to post them on the internet, that way I can always use denial grin

The BREC(name of the Bemidji new hockey arena)holds 4000 and it has 25 suites.

Hey lets hear some good gopher news for once. Nothing really big but the US is hold a summer World Jr's camp this week, sounds like Nick Bjugstad is playing really well against very solid competition, even scored a trick in one of the scrimmages. Budish also made the first cut, which really aren't final cuts but they trim the roster down after a few days. Pretty much anyone can play themselves onto the team if they have a big year. I am pretty sure Goligoski and Oshie were either not invited or cut from the summer camp and ended up making the team after solid start to their freshman years.

Cbrooks, sounds like Brock Nelson is playing well too.

Bear, that is some good news, we need all we can get.

I am just happy that Brooks sealed the fate of the Sioux this year. Typical greedy Sioux fan.......All you had to do was ask Brooks, I woulda set the hook and let you reel one of mine in....

Well, they are in a state that I am pretty sure contains no muskies, but really what makes sense up there these days anyway. It is a slap in the face for the mighty muskie, but if it keeps the Sioux down, Im ok with it.

Can't you guys just let me have my moment. Jeez.

Bear I heard that Sioux recruit goaltender Zane Gothberg(Theif River Falls) has been out playing Jack Campbell so far in WJ camp. Only let one goal in three games but its early yet. The hockey season couldn't come any sooner. Not even my curse can stop this team. I'm predicting back to back to BACK NCAA champs. I know I'm talking crazy but they have alot of good recruits coming in the next two years.

Are the Sioux about the only team to not loose anybody. I thought Wis was going to be the team this year, they lost their guys though. the Sioux are looking decent.. on paper. I still dont see a bunch of hacks taking it all the way down the stretch.

By the way I bet I see Hackstol this weekend at the cabin. Maybe I will go easy on him after that finish last year...

The only underclassman UND lost were David Toews and defenseman Cory Feinage. I think they both went to WHL.

Your neighbors with Hackstal at the lake. Don't mention the curse to him. So all summer long you have this great hockey coach and then during the season you got Don Lucia. Don't you wish it was the other way around? haha

I dont know what I wish for any more. I love the Gophs, but man they are looking like a sunken ship at this point. Hack still needs to get over the edge. At least he makes the tourny though.

Yah he is accross that lake from me. His inlaws have some pretty big ching. I suppose he does now too though. \\Sioux are going to be good. Did geneway forsurly decide to come back.

haha. You know what I mean. He made the decision to come back first part of Apirl or somewhere in there, if memory serves me right. He didn't drag out his decision as soon as he was given a medical hardship he announce his decision later that week.

Hey lets hear some good gopher news for once. Nothing really big but the US is hold a summer World Jr's camp this week, sounds like Nick Bjugstad is playing really well against very solid competition, even scored a trick in one of the scrimmages. Budish also made the first cut, which really aren't final cuts but they trim the roster down after a few days. Pretty much anyone can play themselves onto the team if they have a big year.

Michael Forney performed well against solid competition when he was playing international competition but didn't turn out so well at UND (But this one is for the Gophers!). Who really knows, Bjustad did not have a great show at State last March. It will be an interesting season.

Ya you never know how any of these kids will turn out, I did say "nothing really big".

Us gopher fans don't have much to look forward too other then the hope our new recruits will pan out.

I think the Gopher's seniors (Hoefell, Cepis, Fairchild and Bariball) hold the keys for your program's success (or failure) this year, along with Lucia's fate. It will be interesting to watch Bjugstad, Condon, Haula and Gardiner - and also what Serratore can bring to the squad. Another one to watch will be Buddish.

Gotherberg hasn't played in an International game, yet. Campbell has gotten the starts so far. What lake does Hak have a cabin on?

Hak is on Pelican Lake, I guess it might be his house. It just finished being built last spring. Its a nice pad among many others on that lake.

I think you are right about the Gopher seniors. If they play to potential with a little goalie help and freshman support....the Gophs could be good.

Barribal and Cepis could be nasty out there. Maybe a less dynamic version of Sertich and Sterling. They released number yesterday. here is a link to the line up..

Roster

You guys are dead on, we need our Sr's to carry the load and hope some of our talented freshman con contribute.

I think we all know Cepis, Barribal, Fairchild, and Hoeffel will produce, the big question is how much will they produce. We also have some wild card upper classmen that have the potential to put up some points. It will be interesting to see is Ness can put it all together now that he has a couple of years under his belt, you can see the skill, he just has to take that next step. I would also throw White and Hanson into a wildcard spot, I don't think they are going to light the league on fire but they combined for 16 goals last year so if they can get those numbers up every little bit helps.

I was a little surprise at how good Jacob Cepis was. I wasn't expecting much from someone from Ohio. He was kind of one of those players that would instigate penalties. I compare him to our Brett Hextall in that way. You need players like that to be competitive in this league IMO.

Cepis was the best Gopher, at times he was the only one who was trying out there.

Ness, man I dont know what to think about him. He wanted to leave, he just didnt have anywhere to go. He isnt near ready for the next level. He was such a huge recruit, and has been given so many opportunities and playing time. He needs to put it together this year.