• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Giardia help

Acemac

Any one have any experance with giardia? My 10 week old Brit has had it since we got her. She has been through two dif drugs from the vet and still can't seem to get rid of it. We have been dilegent about cleaning up her sloppy [PoorWordUsage]. Any one have any insight?

yes, my labs both got it found it it was coming from the a/c drain pipe. it drained out of the house and to the ground which was soaked for nearly 4 ft deep. i extended the pipe past the end of the gate so it drains where the dogs cant get to it. You have to make sure that there is no standing water anywhere, the smallest amount will make them sick. It is hard very hard to get rid of however i would ask the vet to do another round of blood work to ensure that there is something else not going on. once i got rid of the water, the problem went away.

Are you bathing her frequently and washing/vaccuming everything? They can get reinfected from the cysts. Careful, you can get infected too!

Our dog had it once and got rid of it easily, but I know it can be very persistent, depending upon the strain.

Our lab also had problems with Giardia. The medication from the Vet would get rid of it easily, but she would keep getting it. Our vet finally gave her a vaccination for it, and it has not returned since.

We have since changed Vets though, and the new one does not carry the vaccination, so it must be something that all Vets don't agree on??