• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bucktails for people not fish

I've been getting quite a few request from people asking me to do this stuff. I like how they turn out but it's kind of tough making them and knowing they'll probably never see water!

mskytrn.jpg

JDbktl.jpg

IH.jpg

bearsfront.jpg

cubs.jpg

Pretty easy but a little time consuming. Paint the blade with a white basecoat, then with whatever color. You can leave it white if you're using a clear decal. Then I clearcoat it with Devcon 2T so the waterslide decal won't mess up the paint. Then when that's cured, I use a waterslide decal (they come in clear or white/opaque). After the decal has had time to dry, another coat of Devcon to protect the decal. They're built to fish with but I doubt any see water! If you need help with anything, or I wasn't clear on something, let me know.

Not sure where I got the waterslide decal paper - I did a search on it and there were quite a few places that sold it and I just found the cheapest one. The images are clip art and other images I had on the computer that I resized on my photo program.

Man, are those ever lifelike.

However, because they're so lifelike, the "Cubs" model only works in April and May, while the "Bears" offering does nothing after September.