• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Book Reviews

Shane683

I know there used to be a Book Review post and looked at posts from about a year ago but couldn't find it so I thought I would start a new one. Anyway, here's 2 books that I've read recently and both are excellent (IMO).

What This River Keeps by Greg Schwipps and One Good Dog by Susan Wilson

Hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th of July weekend

I have read almost every one of the "Womans Murder Club" books from James Patterson. I just finished the 8th one. Have found every single one so far to be excellent. I was going to "rent" the 9th one from the library but it is currently all out being its the newest. He also has a few others that are more along the lines of science fiction....Maximum Ride books and Daniel X. They are very much different than what you would expect from James Patterson, but none the less, very good also. Maximum Ride is about kids who have wings..Bird Kids like they are called in the book. And Daniel X is about an alien hunter.

Also I have read a new author I have started to get a great liking for. William Kent Krueger. All of his stories take place in Minnesota. I have read "Iron Lake" and that book was very good. Currently I am now reading "Mercy Falls" by him. It is starting out to be another good one.

My old lady has REALLY gotten into the Twilight books. She absolutely loves them. She just finished New Moon and can not wait to read the next one(I believe it is Eclipse?)

The Savage Tales of Solomon Kane by Robert E Howard. Love Robert E Howard he's the dude who created the Conan the Barbarian character. They also just made a Solomon Kane movie which I thought was pretty good but has yet to be released in the US.

This winter I read some HP Lovecraft. "The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories" & "At the Mountains of Madness" Good Stuff!