• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

prop advice

jighead 3

I own a 2009 lund fisherman 17.5 with 115HP the prop that is on there now is a mercury 13.3/4 x 16pitch. It seems like it takes a little time getting out of the hole. I should have bought the 135hp motor but I didn't. Can any help recommend a different prop the would serve me a little better?

I would assume this is not a stainless prop? That would be my first recomendation. I have a 16 pitch SS Powertech on my Sportfish 1850 and come out of the water pretty good with my 115 Yamaha. On an 17' boat a 16 pitch seems like it should punch you right up if it were stainless, and might be too much prop. Talk with someone who knows props like Soderblooms or PropMD, they should be able to offer some good advice.

I'm surprised to hear what you're running for RPM's with that prop... based on your RPM's, you could go to a 13 pitch prop very likely which would improve your holeshot.. but intuitively a 13 seems like a pretty flat prop for that rig.

Is that 16 pitch stainless?

marine_man

I'm surprised to hear what you're running for RPM's with that prop... based on your RPM's, you could go to a 13 pitch prop very likely which would improve your holeshot.. but intuitively a 13 seems like a pretty flat prop for that rig.

Is that 16 pitch stainless?

marine_man

I agree. I think part of it may be the 13 3/4" diameter that he is running, and the other part of it that it's aluminum.

If it were me I would be looking to test a 13 1/4 x 17p SS prop, at a place that would let you swap it out for another if need be.