• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Utah (Salt lake Area fishing

Heading to Salt lake city for a week long conference and may be able to get out for a while into the mountains. i realize this is a MT, ID and WY forum but I thought it was worth a shot.

Anyone know of some mountain lakes in the area that require a hike (<5Mi) to get to and fish? Spinning or Fly? There are lots of opportunities for fishing out there but kinda of looking for the back country type.

Thanks!

Uintah Mountains. Have the option of fly fishing in rivers or some mountain lakes. I haven't trekked back into them for years now so can't really recommend anything in particular. Check with Fish Tech. It's a local fly shop but they have some knowledgable lake guys. Number is 801 272 8808. FYI they are a worth a visit. Lots of cool gear. 6153 Highland Dr in Holladay. Personally I'd opt for the upper Provo river above Jordanelle but all the rivers were running fast as of two weeks ago due to rain. If you have the time Wind Rivers in Wyoming is a great option. I fish up there every year. The Green River lakes are an easy hike and fishable from shore with spinning gear. Lots of brookies and lakers. About a 4 hr drive north of SLC.