• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any value to keeping boat seats original?

heat checker

If it were an old Chris-Craft or something like that, I'd say yes. In a heartbeat.

But a 1990-somethin'... I can't see it being a deal breaker, unless it is some sort of collector's model or something of that nature.

Most folks, when they're looking for a used boat won't care if it's got original seats or not.

As a recent boat shopper, my thought is that original seats would demonstrate that the owner really took care of the rig over the years. However, I wouldn't pony up more money just for that reason. After 18 years I bet the seats are past their prime, so I'd rather be buying a boat that had newer-looking seats that at least matched the boat.

I had the same thoughts about my 20 year Lund ProV and I wished I would have replaced them about 15 years ago. The stock seats did have that nice Lund name stitched on the seats but they would let water soak into the seats and would take a couple of days before they would dry out and for the most part they were like a block of wood after sitting on them for a few hours. My new seats are very cushy and repel water instead of absorbing it. I even got a couple of bucks selling the old one's at our sale.

Amen Jim. We replaced a couple original seats with Attwood Centric SAS and could not be happier! smile We want to do at least one more now, but those things are spendy.... but comfy and absorb the waves.

Amen Jim. We replaced a couple original seats with Attwood Centric SAS and could not be happier! smile We want to do at least one more now, but those things are spendy.... but comfy and absorb the waves.

That is the exact seats that I put in mine and I agree that I could not be any happier and love the spring that is built into the seat and I have them on air ride pedestals.