• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kaner....5 Hole....Vic-To-Ree

Hey Windy-

I have to say I was wrong. Congrats on Chicago wining the cup. I hope someday here in Minnesota we can celebrate a championship, well any championship in sports but I do not see that happening in my lifetime.

Again, congrats and I hope you were out grilling in you robe.

Hawks win!!!sure miss the good old days when the Northstars and Hawks were in the same conference though,but man i sure wish i was on Michigan avenue and Wacker today!after 49 years it can happen,now its the Vikes turn,i m ready for that day!! Windy that pic on youre post is very distasteful the flyers deserve respect,not that kinda b.s.and by the way im havin a pool party and youre invited forgot to invite ya last year when you mentioned wading, bring youre friends to !

Thanks Wild and Trollini,

As for that photo, it is about the 10,000th variation of that theme that has been around for decades. I think it started with Ford and Chevy, or something like that and has mutated into every sport. I am sure I can google it and find it in the Sox and Cubs and probably in reverse too.

Like I said before, I have seen much worse in this forum. I seem to remember a Viking characture that was doing unnatural things to a Bears player.....Long memory. So I would say, take it in the spirit it was intended. We are all big boys in here and the administration has said before that because it is a sports forum they do give us a bit more lattitude. When we cross the line they tell us, send us to the penalty box for 2 minutes (or two days) and then let us back in the game.

The people that really cross the line and do not admit their mistakes are banished from the site as it is a privatly owned site and not a free for all.

As for the Flyers deserving respect, I think Chris Pronger stealing the game puck in games one and two kind of shatter that theory right there. Not even going into his ability to get away with dozens of moves that should be penalties that go uncalled, because that is part of the game (Michael Jordan syndrome) but it is an unwritten rule in hockey that the winning team in any meaningful game has the option to pick up and keep the game winning puck. Pronger crossed the line not once but twice and then went on record saying that he tossed the pucks in the garbage where they belong. That deserves respect? Not to this Windy City boy! Old School Baby!

Like I said before, Pronger you can keep the pucks we'll take the Cup anyday and twice on Sundays!