• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish finder for under 300?

chuckwagon

i have a lowrance x96 on my bow i like. its not color but i can see it at all times of day and works for the weekend warrior fishing i do. maybe a 4 inch screen on it. i believe it was under 3 but cannot remember

I have had a couple of different lowrance's and they have preformed very well over the years. Both were in the $250 range. What ever you get make sure you get the speed and temp. sensers for it, you will not be sorry.

Try Eagle You can get a little more bang for your buck. Know some guys who run those without any complaints and they're basically the same as Lowrance. If you can find one with a color screen in your price range (Lowrance, Eagle, Hummingbird all have them for under 300) get it, you won't regret it. Makes bottom definition and arches way easier to read. I'm glad I updated to color a few years ago, took alot of the guess work out of it.

thanks for the input all ... I ended up with a Humminbird 190c. I used it on Sunday and it worked well for me and has the options that I will actually use on it! I do have one question. Everyonce in a while the graph will cut out and I get a vertical line and the graph will kick back in? Is it just losing the reading from the speed i am going?