• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bitten by the bug!

Spent a day this past weekend at a friend of a friends cottage on a small 110 acre lake. I have paddled around a kayak before but this was the first time fishing from one. Had a great time and immediatly started shopping for 2 of them. My girlfriend really liked my buddies sit-in and that one is quite reasonable at about $300. Plus it does have enough storage for an over night camping trip. Ofcourse I want a significantly more expensive sit-on top as I plan to use it with waders on at times and will be getting in and out a bit.

I have a older but nice canoe but honestly it sucks in many categorys compaired to what iv'e seen with kayaks. I also have a nice 16ft alumacraft backtroller that gets used alot but I have a ton of small rivers and lakes within an hour of where I live. grin

Another plus is how much my girlfriend enjoyed paddling around...

I caught perch, gills, sm bass, sunnies, rock bass, gills, and lm bass... cool

013vqs.jpg

You look good on the Rainbow Warrior....... LOL wink

Looks like the Rainbow Warrior is riding a little low in the back end, too. Must have the anchor or a bunch of rocks in the back storage, huh? winkgrin

Actually, it looks like a great time. I've always wanted a sit-on kayak for attacking some of the the bigger trout streams around here.