• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Exhaust, Clutch, Juice Box

Cowhead

I was looking into getting Exhaust and a clutch Kit and a Juice box for my Suzuki King Quad just to see if it makes a big difference so does anyone have any Input on different Products? I am thinking about 2 Brothers Exhaust and and EPI Clutch Kit but i know HMF makes good Exhaust too and i am looking for a Deep Exhaust Note and somthing louder than stock so if someone has a good idea im all ears

Ahhhh........now the fun begins! a stock wheeler is fun but they really get fun when you start messing with stuff! If you want a deep growl to the suzu go with a muzzy or HMF utility series! I have the HMF utility series on mine and she sounds mean!! HMF has a new one out where you can put in different cores for different decibels of sound! EPI CLUTCH KITS are the way to go although i'm not sure if you need to go with a whole kit or not, it gets expensive! On mine I just put in a different primary spring and a different secondary spring, cost me a total of like 40 bucks and did the same thing as buying a whole kit would do, I now have amazing low end and only lost a few mph on top end! As for a Juice box, I would go with Dynatek! The make a programmable one and a non-programmable CDI box!! Now remember that once you put exhaust on you will also have to re-jet the machine which will cost ya more money....go with a Dynajet kit as it comes with all the differnt jets as you will need to change them for summer riding and winter riding!!

The first Upgrade you should do should be the CDI box, it makes a huge difference on the machine as far as throttle responce you will also gain a few mph with this upgrade!!

HAVE FUN!!! And let the dollars fly!! wink

Ok well for starters I have 3 clutches on the King Quad one wet clutch one Primary that uses rollers on ramps and the secondary uses a spring so I wanted to do the Exhaust and Clutch first Maybe exhaust becuase well i like to be heard and then the clutch kit and that runs about 189 and then another 100 to install it since i need to split the motor to put it in ill let someone else do it ha ha. So then I noticed HMF doesnt make a Utility Series Exhaust for my Suzuki and well they dont make anything for my year either but i think the Swamp XL should fit? has anyone ever ran 2 brothers exhaust? I listened to one on youtube on a Grizz and i kinda liked it but i want loud and a little more power. So now on to the Juice Box i have seen some online and you have to set em up for 1/2 throttle and 3/4 throttle and then wide open and it seems kinda like a pain in the rear are they that hard to set up or will they get me close with the settings they come with? I dont need to rejet due to EFI so just the Box is all i need I do believe but this is my first time doing this so any help would be great

Sounds like you do need to buy the whole clutch kit then! As far as the CDI, dynatek makes one that you plug er in and let er rip without having to program anything! Just plug and play!! That is the one that i bought for my machine and have been told by many that it is the best upgrade you can do for any machine for the cost!!

I honestly had never heard of 2 brothers exhaust til you mentioned them! HMF, Muzzy, and penland are by far the more popular brands of exhaust, that swamp series you are talking about is a great exhaust if you ride in alot of water but as far as making your bike sound different it doesn't do much! Looks like you could get the performance series from HMF which sounds pretty mean!

its on a cat but probably would have somewhat the same sound!

Well i went online today and i have been looking for parts and HMF I can get the Swamp XL Series Exhaust and the Optimizer and im looking at 619 + shipping I just wish i knew how big of a difference it would make on the Suzuki if any i dont want to be disipointed after i get it but i also need a clutch kit so im looking at spending around a grand think it will make a big enough difference that its all going to be worth it will i be able to keep up with a 850 Polaris? or Can Am or Brute Force? I know there are bigger out there but with just a single cyl and such a big bore its hard to keep up with the twins and well need to say i hate being beaten by a Polaris ha ha ha

Well if you are looking for a deep sounding exhaust do not go with the swamp series cause it does nothing for sound! With a single it is tough to get a deep growl like the twins naturally have, although i have heard a grizz that sounds NASTY with a LRD torque exhaust!

If you are looking for more power right away, go with the CDI and clutch kit! As far as keeping up with the canned ham....good luck! wink the kawi....probably not, the popo..........no comment!

So when you checked on clutch kits do you get to pick the springs you want to put in? If so, make sure you research so that you get the setup you want! Some springs are made for more low end and in turn you lose top end, whereas some are made for more high end speed but takes away from low end torque!

Ive got a 660 grizzly with 27" Vampires, HMF Utility with quiet core, full snorkels, K&N, EPI clutch kit, Dyno Jet, Mudbuster cam, 11.1 Wiesco piston that being said I would go for the clutch kit and leave the rest alone. If your expecting substantial performace gains from the Juice box, and HMF you are going to be disapointed. With all the time and money Ive got in mine all the extra Hp Ive got is more than used up by the heavier tires. If you want a loud pipe get a HMF utility, but without the quiet core it wont be legal (mine is 95.6db with the core).

I would go with the complete clutch kit, (wet springs, weights, and secondary spring) that is where you will see the most gains.

Ok, hate to do it but I'll be the spolier here.....As far as the pipes, you wont find any that will give a bigtime power increase on its own that is worth the extra noise. And, calling any more negative attention to ATVs wont do any of us any good. But aside from that, if you really need to do something clutching is the lowest cost bang for the buck. But exhaust even with jetting, will still be limited by the ignition and cam. Each separately will give you a bit of an increase, but all of these done in conjunction will give the best result. These performance improvements are not cheap or without risk though and most certainly will to some degree, result in loss of durability, reliability and most importantly, longevity.

Also, I hope you guys are aware that snorkels are illegal in Minnesota except in certain designated areas. I'd hate to see you have a weekend spoiled with a ticket.

"ATVs may not be operated with a snorkel device that has a raised

air intake six inches or more above the manufacturer’s original

air intake. Exception: ATVs with snorkel devices may be operated

within the Iron Range OHV State Recreation Area and other

designated public OHV recreation areas."

Ok, hate to do it but I'll be the spolier here.....As far as the pipes, you wont find any that will give a bigtime power increase on its own that is worth the extra noise. And, calling any more negative attention to ATVs wont do any of us any good. But aside from that, if you really need to do something clutching is the lowest cost bang for the buck. But exhaust even with jetting, will still be limited by the ignition and cam. Each separately will give you a bit of an increase, but all of these done in conjunction will give the best result. These performance improvements are not cheap or without risk though and most certainly will to some degree, result in loss of durability, reliability and most importantly, longevity.

Also, I hope you guys are aware that snorkels are illegal in Minnesota except in certain designated areas. I'd hate to see you have a weekend spoiled with a ticket.

Hmmmmm......guess i did not know that about the snorkels, good to know! You just changed my mind about putting them on!! I think the exhaust he is talking about is more for the sound than the power cause like you said, exhaust does very little for increasing your performance! People will find reasons to complain no matter what a 4 wheeler sounds like, they are no louder than harleys screaming down the road!!

Well i guess ill do a Clutch Kit for now and then ill do the Exhaust and the CDI i just wish it would do more for me considering the price of the exhaust and CDI but oh well and well a little noise is nothing compared to HD's and Rockets and some of the Trucks that run around if someone is going to complain they are going to complain no matter what. They might just complain becuase they seen you tie your right boot before your left boot ya never know with people theese days so you cant wory about what people are going to complain about because you just cant ever avoid it so go do what you want and have fun as long as its legal but just remember its only illegal if you get cought!

ya never know with people theese days so you cant wory about what people are going to complain about because you just cant ever avoid it so go do what you want and have fun as long as its legal but just remember its only illegal if you get cought!

Couldn't have said it any better myself, people will complain no matter what! So if you are happy with what you are doing to your quad more power to ya!!!

Mine is loud and i love the sound of it and that is all i am worried about!!!

You plan on doing the clutch yourself???

Snorkels are not totally illegal, they just cant be more than 6" above factory. Mine are 5 3/4" normaly, with a 1' extension for when it gets deep.

As much as i would like to do the clutch my self i dont have the spring compressor for the secondary spring and that was about 85 from EPI and i need to pull the motor apart to do the springs in the wetclutch they recomend the full kit and just doing the sport utility kit. A local repair shop said they would put the entire kit in for around $120 so i might as well pay the $40 and let them do it for me instead of buying the compressor for the spring and what not. I have plenty of tools otherwise do do it my self and i dont know much about how a wetclutch works I would like to do a snorkel for my CVT but dont know much about it and i see everyone runs up the front i dont know where to run the pipes up to the front for the suzuki and NYROC wont let me post it seems to be an error on their page

Mine is loud and i love the sound of it and that is all i am worried about!!!

Sorry to say it but thats part of the reason we keep getting more and more silly rules laid on us. Every time we p-off another public land user its another straw on the camels back. Doesn't matter if its a hiker, hunter, berry picker, horseback rider or whatever, if they complain it gets logged. The less negative attention we draw to ourselves, the less we are scrutinized. You can still ride and have fun without bothering other people. If you really want to "show your stuff" why not do it at an organized event where the spectators and other entrants will be truly impressed not aggravated.

Believe me, saying this is hard for me, and kind of like the pot calling the kettle black because I've modified and built many high-performance ATV, motorcycles, snowmobiles and cars over the years, but there is a time and a place to show them off.

I apologize if this sounds like a lecture, I'm simply sharing my observations of 35 years of riding ATVs, and seeing riding opportunities dwindle. I hate to see you younger guys lose even more. If we try to follow the existing laws, they wont have a need to come up with more.

Required Equipment (straight from the DNR ATV regs)

Off-highway vehicles operated on public lands, waters, trails, and public

streets and roads open to vehicle use, must be equipped as follows:

Mufflers

• Mufflers must have a federally approved spark arrestor.

• Overall noise emission from ATVs and ORVs may not exceed 99

decibels at a distance of 20 inches.

• Mufflers may not be altered to increase motor noise, or have a cutout,

bypass, or similar device except for organized events.

you definetly have a point!! The thing that gets me is that people do complain about these things! I mean really.....is it hurting them at all?? So they hear a loud fourwheeler go by and hear it for maybe 30 seconds.....get over it, its not a life or death situation!! But i do understand what you are saying, why add fuel to the fire!! But, I love the sound of my piped out V-Twin and i love the power of it! I don't consider it showing off on my part i guess!