• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cameras and cars

I have a problem, I can't seem to find a way to secure my cameras in my car and still give me quick access while drive around. I don't want to be unzipping bags and opening cases while that perfect photo op disapears. Just leaving the camera on seat is an invitation to disaster the first time I have to stop quick.

I would like know how you have solved this problem.

Don't know if this is the safest solution. When I am "hunting", I keep it on my left leg. Usually I'm going slow when doing this (on Forest Service roads, etc). Keeps it in place and it's ready to use within a couple of seconds. When I'm heading down the road, I'll make a "nest" out of a sweatshirt or coat and snuggle it into that and leave it on the floor console or passenger seat. Will cover a reasonable quick stop. If it's more severe don't know that a camera bag would make much difference anyway.

I do what Ken said. Also, when the camera is on the seat next to me, I instinctively put one hand on it when I hit the brakes to keep it in place. But most often when I brake suddenly it's because I need to take a picture of something moving through quickly, so my hand goes to the camera to grab it.

It gets VERY interesting when you've gotta slam on the brakes for a wolf or a moose or something. Even MORE interesting if you're driving a clutch. Hands and feet flying all over trying to get stopped and get that camera up in a business position before the critter disappears. gringrin