• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NHL playoffs

Mudcutter

Pretty wild in the EAst. 8th seed MONT playing the Flyers who came from 3-0 and 3-0 in game 7.. Hard to understand why there is no more talk of this.

I think now MONT will win the CUP in the most unreal runs in any championship in all of sports. SJ will be tough, but MONT beat the CAPS And PENS,, so SJ will not as bad. Best thing going in the sports world right now.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the Canadiens beat the Caps, thought it was a fluke. Then they go and beat Pitt, now a person has to wonder if they are going to win the whole thing. It has been fun watching them. The 8th seed and they are playing like they are the best team in the whole league.

What the Flyers did is just amazing. Being down 3-0 and then down 3-0 in game 7 and coming back to win, makes for great hockey.

The flyers series was awesome. I might pick them over Canadiens. Flyers have to have the most talent out there. It is just getting them all to play that is the problem. They havent lost since Gagne returned and now Hartnell is actually doing what he is supposed to do. Now that Brierre is scoring some goals, flyers are a tough team. I bet they miss Carter too. It will be a fun series to watch. Destiny vs fate, I guess.

Caught most of the SJ/CHI game on NBC. Man- did SJ miss some chances after CHI scored in the 3rd to go ahead. 6-4 advantage with 54secs left and SJ let two gimees go out of the zone and then had to regroup and still almost scored. NHL playoff hockey is a blast,, just wish the WILD were in the mix.

I like SJ over CHI in 7 and MONT over PHI in 7.

SJ in 5 for the CUP.

I think the Habs run will be over with this series. Neither of their past two opponents were as gritty as this Philly team is. I think that will be the difference.

Tough call on the SJ/CHI series. All I know is it should be a blast to watch!

I agree, the Flyers have the physicality that can really knock a team off there game. They seem to be getting things sorted out in the scoring department finally. Game 2 will be interesting, if the Habs can use that freakish home audience to there advantage and squeak a win on the road....They might have a shot against Philly. I'm being rather optimistic about the whole deal though.

Sharks/Hawks serious is going to be one for the books! Sharks really could have put that game away early but things just didn't click towards the 3rd. Some serious hockey coming up in the days ahead and I'll be watching every minute of it.

Oh come on now, Fly! I thought Bobby Hull and Gump Worsley were best buddies back in the 60's and 70's! LOL Truth hurts sometimes and when you are a team that almost nobody gave a chance to against the second coming of who knows what, the way people were touting the vaunted power line of the Sharks, I just had to stick the knife in a bit as they are truly playing like goldfish, OK maybe guppies, but definitly not Sharks!

Looks like Montreal has Philly right where they want them. I'm pretty sure they are planning to win tonight and lose the next one so setup that perfect 1-3 series comeback they seem to have mastered.

Nice headline.....Blackhawks score huge Game 3 win over Sharks.

Windy, u likey like I do I know.

Forget about Gump. I still hate Rajean (sp?) Houle as I'm sure Bobby does too. I was at that game 7 in Park Ridge watching it "Closed Circuit" at the theatre and if anyone has destiny this yr, it's our young Hawks and not the Babsbeens.

This year is gonna be payback for all the old time Hawks, Geno. Here are some of my favorites from yesteryear...

2 Bill White

3 Keith Magnuson (RIP)

4 Doug Jarrett

6 Lou Angotti

7 Pit Martin

8 Jim Pappin

9 The Golden Jet (7,8,9 combined for the famous MPH line)

10 The Jets brother!

11 Doug Mohns

12 Whitey Stapleton

15 Eric Nesterenko

16 Chico Maki

20 Cliff Koroll

21 Stan "The Man" Mikita

22 Jerry "King Kong" Korab ( I wore his sweater )

and of course 35 Tony O!

I was a good boy yesterday...too tense to drink during the game especially when they were down 2-0. But I made up for it by staying up until 1 am with my favorite barley pop...paying for it today - a slow day at work for sure.

Great list of past Hawks and I remember them all from the days of Lloyd Petit on WGN. Jarret was "Chairman of the Boards" and could throw a hip-check better than anyone - which you don't see too often anymore. Nesterenko had the longest reach of any player. Angotti was one heck of a stick handler. And didn't Chico Maki have a brother. And don't forget another of my favorite players, Gene Ubriaco -- gotta love any pro named Gene. And remember Denis Dejordy in G and of course the HOFer, Glenn Hall. And all those great yrs with Savard and Secord - who would go toe-to-toe with anyone (ran into Secord once at Builders Sq in Elmhurst - he had a solid build, but shorter than I thought (must be the skates that make him look taller). And one of the old-time biggest guys on ice Elmer "Moose" Vasko - my mom's husband used to drink with him after his retirement.

And remember the days before huge team fines when there were real "brawls"?

Back to the present now, so bring on the Broad Street Bullies!