• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone has an idea whats going on

I have a HP lap top zd8000. Last week I turned the computer on and I have a pinkish/purple line that goes top to bottom of my screen. Its on the left hand side of my screen. Now last night a greenish line showed up on the right hand side of my screen. It doesnt matter what I have open its always there now.

What do you think that is causing this?

There are several programs you can run that sometimes work to get stuck pixels unstuck. Search stuck pixel fix and see what comes up.

This doesn't sound like stuck pixel. That will usually be dot here or there on the screen.

Easiest thing to do is to get the proper driver for the video card in the laptop from HP and re install that. May not work, but cheap and easy and has a fair possibility of fixing the issue. If that is not it, being a laptop it is more than likely a damaged monitor, hope it is still under warranty!

Originally Posted By: Nick Kuhn
There are several programs you can run that sometimes work to get stuck pixels unstuck. Search stuck pixel fix and see what comes up.

This doesn't sound like stuck pixel. That will usually be dot here or there on the screen.

There are instances when one stuck pixel can cause a whole row to go bad. It won't hurt it if a stuck pixel is not the problem.

It could be video drivers, but I doubt it. Re-install the latest and see what happens.

It could potentially be artifacting due to high temperatures. Give it a good dust out and see if that helps.

The high temp would only come into play when it has been on for a while. Laptops run pretty cool and take a bit to warm up. The keys would feel pretty warm to the touch before it affects the monitor.

Just to give an update. I took the advise and did the search on stuck pixel. I ran the program that was talked about on the web site. I let it run for about 15-20 min. I restarted my computer. And the problem was fixed (knock on wood) Thanks to all that had the ideas.