• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CMRC Trials the end of May

JPowell

Just wondering if anyone could give me more information on the Field Trail event that is going to be held over Memorial weekend at the CMRC. I guess i was just looking for order of events or some sort of times. The web site is very basic. thanks...

JP

Hi JP,

The Open stake starts on Friday at 8:00 am. You will see 4 series/test, first series land marks, 2nd series land blind, 3rd series water blind, 4th series water marks. The marks can be triples or quads.

The Derby stake starts the same time on Friday as well. These are the youngest dogs, all under the age of 2. This stake will consist of 4 different tests, 2 land, 2 water. Generally all the marks in the Derby will be doubles.

The Amateur stake starts at 8:00 am Saturday. Most of the dogs here you will see in the Open. However a good portion of them will be handled by a Pro in the Open. The amateur is for Amateur handlers only. You will see the same type of set ups here as the Open.

The Qualifying stake starts at 9:00 Saturday. These are generally young dogs just out of the Derby trying to "Qualify" to run up with the big boys."Qualifying" means you must win or place 2nd in a "Q" to run up in the Open should that Open be a "limited, "Restricted" or "Special". If that weekend the Open is listed as an Open you can run your dog regardless of it's Qualifiaction. They run Opens as "Limited", "Restricted" or "Specials" to bring down the size of the field.

You can run a dog in the Amateur at any age without qualifying the dog.

Hope this helps. The next 4-5 weeks you can go every weekend withing a 200 mile radius to watch these wonderful animals compete. This week and next they will be west of Princeton on hwy 95, 5-6 miles on the South side of the highway. Then St. Cloud, Fargo then Watopa.

Thanks Todd...i will stop by and chat for a while. A good buddy of mine is looking to get into training a little more serious and i want him to see of these things work. I will keep my eye's open for you.

JP

Duck,

Yeah...i am trying to sneek out of work early to day to catch some of it. Probly be there more tomorrow. I will be there in a black Chev Cav. shaved up head, shorts and sunglasses(for sure this weekend). Probly the guy wondering around looking lost.

Todd, i will keep an eye out for you also.

thanks for the update.

JP

Boy it sure was a beautiful weekend for being outside. Some of those dogs looked pretty heated up on Friday when i was there. It was nice to get out and watch them run. Some day i will get another pup and get back into it. For now i really enjoyed watching them work. Great job to all that helped with the trials.

JP