• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Suggestions of strong chewers

itchmesir

So I have a Olde English Bulldogge/Lab mix... he is a very intense chewer.. he destroys anything and everything he gets his jaws on... toy wise.. he doesn't chew on stuff that's not his... but it's starting to get ridiculous.. he'll tear through black X-treme Kongs.. regular Kongs.. other toys that cost and arm and a leg and are considered "indestructible".. like the toy he's chewing on right now.. that not 10min in.. and there are pieces everywhere... besides a Nylabone.. anything else is gone in a matter of minutes.. a Kong my last a couple days.. and rope bones are gone in hours.... So my question is.. what is a good strong chew toy for uber aggressive chewers like my dog?

PS: i hear antlers work great.. are there any companies that specialize in dog toys made from antlers?

i have two pure labs that will chew on any toy and destroy them. we too have resorted to nylabones, there are some toys out there that have ratings up to 10 but the thing that they go after is the squeaker. So they will work on the one spot until it is so think that they can pull the stuffing and noise maker out. My dogs bring me all sorts of sticks and rocks, have taken out a row of hedges in my back yard. I will say that expect for when the oldest was a puppy, they have not chewed on anything in the house. every now and then when they are full of themselves, the little one will put his teeth on the corner of the coffee table but that is seldom.

I have no clue on toys, i will buy stock in the nylabone company tho, they do last.

LOL, our Dane will destroy dang near anything but Nylabones and Kongs (and only because he rarely touches the Kong). Haven't found anything else that is tough enough.

There is a company in Ham Lake called Wapiti Labs. They do a lot of elk antler supplements, but also make elk antler chews for dogs. Chuck and Don's sells them. They seem pretty tough. They don't have one big enough for my dog, but they might for yours.

Its not a chew toy but one thing all my dogs have loved is a Jolly Pet Push N Play Hard ball. They are dang near indestructible if you get a large enough size that your dog cant get a grip on. They used to be advertised as indestructible till a lion finally managed to demolish one. Zoos often use them for their large cats and bears. My dogs go crazy chasing and pushing them around the yard.

The Jolly toys are great. I got one of their balls made for horses. Eventually the handle got torn off, but the rest of the ball is still going strong. You can puncture them and they still stay inflated.

The one Jay posted on would probably be even better since it does not have the handle. Every other toy is destroyed quickly, but those last a long time.