• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

Well, I've been playing on an off the past several days and haven't had but 1 or 2 issues. They seemed to have straightened out most all of the lag issues, but still isn't as smooth as MW2.

Just as a comparison, Rushing and I played some MW2 the other night. Right away I noticed how much faster and smoother the gameplay was, but there are also a few shortcomings that I forgot about in MW2 as well.

-The party system is kind of screwy and there is no visual feedback like in BOPS to let you know who is in your party.

-The screaming kids were 10-1 in MW2 mad

-You can't back out of the game with your party like BOPS, so you have to shout "Back Out" and hope your teammates hear you if you want a new lobby or game type.

-Riot Shields and Quick Scopers in MW2 are just as annoying as Second Chancers and RC cars are in BOPS

6 of one, half a dozen of the other. I'll buy the maps and enjoy some frest entertainment.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited for these maps. They look great, and should definitely give us some new things to play around with for a few months. It is nice that we're getting some new maps in the middle of winter. About the same time I'm getting sick of these maps, the ice will be starting to melt, and open water will be just around the corner.

Yep, three new maps and 2 old ones.

5>4. My small town book learnin' tells me that too, and I surely ain't begging for any of those garbage maps from World at War.

Regardless, until they fix the glaring issues they've had with this game since day #1, it really won't matter.

If Treyarch was unimaginitive like IW, they would throw 2 old maps out there, but no, they are coming out with 1 more new map everytime, and, been one more DL content available than MW2 and I expect at least 3 map packs for Black Ops. There are some problems, yes, but you were ragging on Treyarch and this game before it was even launched.

I have to agree with Lmit on this one, you can polish a terd! I tried playing today, I think I had more connection interrupts, lock ups, and lag then games that I actually got to finish. Very frustrating. I think they need to focus on the issues, rather then making new maps with new problems.

In all honesty, it seems to be the ps3 side of things. I haven't turned my ps3 on in a while BUT when I do I noticed the game play isn't as smooth as MW2. If Black ops ran half as good on ps3 id be playing just as much ps3 as xbox. But ps3 seems to be on the back burner for treyarc. Im just waiting for infinity wards new release. You can bet it will have just as much if not better stuff that treyarc put out.

4wandering-- was fun playing with you last night. Was playing split screen with a bud for much of it. Split screen is much harder as you hear their stuff as well.. I played a few games after he left and my K/D was much better.. even got top dog a few times..

I am really looking forward to the new maps. and in a weird kind of way, hope its more geared toward snipers.. I have a ton of money and have yet to buy one sniper rifle as the boards so far stink for that kind of play. When I want to snipe I usually plug in Medal of Honor.

So, they say, the new maps will be out for XBox first.. how long till we see them in PS3 land?

Argh.. thats bunk.. Now I'm crabby....

Just something to help them justify paying for online play, the same thing we get for free.

Rat, Ill take your lack of logging into PSN for a whoopin as a surrender, I accept. grin

I dont see how these new maps can be considered sniping maps without even playing them first hand. I agree with deitz though this game needs at least a few good sniping maps, it has none. Array is probably the best for sniping, yet is still horrible. I loved wasteland on MW2.

Rat, Ill take your lack of logging into PSN for a whoopin as a surrender, I accept. grin

I dont see how these new maps can be considered sniping maps without even playing them first hand. I agree with deitz though this game needs at least a few good sniping maps, it has none. Array is probably the best for sniping, yet is still horrible. I loved wasteland on MW2.

Did you not watch the video? they said it was geared towards snipers, zip lines that leave you in the "open" and exposed to snipers, berlin a very large map geared toward snipers.

I will take your challenge any day boy what map and bring your knives fool.

Did you not watch the video? they said it was geared towards snipers, zip lines that leave you in the "open" and exposed to snipers, berlin a very large map geared toward snipers.

I will take your challenge any day boy what map and bring your knives fool.

I watched it without volume... I bet they would call Array a large, open map geared towards snipers, too.

Ill play any map. You bring your knife to a gunfight youre gonna get shot... a lot. hahaha

Tonight I had one of those nights where everything just seemed to go really well. I played off and on from about 8 PM til 2 AM and almost every round I played I was getting scores like 35-5, 25-5, etc. I bumped myself over 10,000 kills (not bad for a christmas noob!) and even though I thought my K/D ratio was maxed out, it keeps rising and is at 1.53 now.

I do however need some Xbox people who play late at night. I play with Rob a lot but when he's working night shifts I have nobody to play with.

I do however need some Xbox people who play late at night. I play with Rob a lot but when he's working night shifts I have nobody to play with.

We all have to get up early in the morning and go to work! Once you are done with school you will be one of us. If you even have time to play than.