• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prop repair in the metro area

Minnetonka

I need to have a couple of props repaired. I live on Lake Minnetonka. I used to have a couple of places that I could go to and have props re-built for about $45. Those guys went out of business. most of the local marinas will offer it, but they send them somewhere else and mark up the price 100%. Does anyone know a shop that does it at a reasonable rate?

I've had them done for $55 at Formula Propeller in Brooklyn Park (aluminum). The past few I have shipped to Soderbloom's in Cromwell. His prices are a bit cheaper--with shipping, it comes out about the same. In fact, he's got two of my props right now smile

As a follow-up, I UPS'd a 10 7/8" aluminum prop and a 14" aluminum prop to Soderbloom's on April 26th. On May 4th, I received an invoice via e-mail, and I got my props back on May 5th. Nine day turnaround including shipping a couple weeks before fishing opener is pretty darn good in my book!

Total:

$11 shipping there

$28 for the 10 7/8"

$45 for the 14"

$10 return shipping

That total is about on par with what I paid at Formula Propeller last time I had one fixed there.

Give PropMD a call, they are not too far from you in Eden Prairie. I thought I remember seeing a decent price on rebuilding props there. They were good to work with on trying out new props.

Give PropMD a call, they are not too far from you in Eden Prairie. I thought I remember seeing a decent price on rebuilding props there. They were good to work with on trying out new props.

I just dropped a prop off at Prop MD. They seem to know what they are doing. I will get my prop back next week. I wanted to get my spare prop set to a differant pitch I had a couple other shops that said this could not be done.