• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

whooping Cranes!!!

sheepheadslayer

Seen a pair of whooping cranes about a mile south of the house Saturday evening. Wasn't sure what they were and called the old man he said that they were whooping cranes. Anybody else seen these? Heard they are pretty rare. Took some pics out the truck. A little far away but still can make em out. I don't know how to post em on here tho.

We were actually fortunate to have 4 of them hanging around just 20 miles from here, 1 1/2 years ago in the fall. They stuck around for weeks so they gave me plenty opportunities to get photos with leg bands excluded. Congrats on seeing them. I hope you don't mind me posting my shots. I'm sure very few have ever seen them.

4555389734_3be3129892_o.jpg

4554754921_e52e4c59ef_o.jpg

4555389990_e935277bec_o.jpg

4554754813_8b7eecbea3_o.jpg