• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shakespeare Wonder Pole rigging?

bmc

I just bought a Shakespeare 20' Wonder Pole to use for crappie/bluegill fishing, especially this time of year, when they're tight to shore. Anyone ever use this pole and have any tips on how to set it up? I think my wife will really like it when we're in the boat, as she will not have to fight snagging the weeds when casting.

I'm gonna get out tonight and give it a try and see what happens.

Brian

The WonderPole is a success!!! Talk about fine tuniing presentation and being able to drop it in tight, tight spots. It was a little wierd trying to haul in a crappie that's on 6' of line at the end of a 20' pole, but I figured it out. Fish fry tomorrow night!

Brian

I think you need more than 6' of line on that 20' pole. I've used "cane poles" quite a bit and always use line the same length as the pole. I use a thick braid for the main line because it is easy to untangle (believe me you will be there!) and about a 3' mono leader.

When you get a fish it just swings over to wherever you are for easy unhooking!

I would just hook the fish and swing it over to shore, then deal with it. I'm definitely gonna put 18-20' of line on it, so I could just swing the fish right to me. I was using 6 lb test,a small foam bobber, and a small Northland Jipsy jig w/ minnow and also had good luck w/ a demon jig and minnow.

I got a few snickers when I extended this beast, but the snickers stopped when I pulled a couple 10-11" crappies out of the weedy, shallow 1-2' junk that would be hard to cast into. Even landed a 2.5 lb lmbass, I like it!!!

Brian