• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spider Lake Trails

jdfisherman

I personally havent been up there but i was planning on going and it was closed the weekend of march 27th im sure they are open by now but im planning on making a trip up there so if you find anything out or you go up there let me know what its like

The DNR HSOforum shows the trails opened April 16th. We are planning a trip for next weekend (May 1 or 2). I'm guessing that if we don't get some rain the trails will be pretty dusty, although it looks like a chance of rain this weekend.

Its one of the better places to go in the state. Used to be better before they filled in alot of the mud. Unless it is raining while you are riding it will be dusty! It dries out very fast as soon as the sun comes out.

Used to be better before they filled in alot of the mud.

I disagree!! one of those mud holes ate my wheeler!!! Granted, that was operator error smile That was an expensive trail ride that day boys!!! But it really is a great trail system to ride! I'm heading to pine center on may 2nd myself.

Originally Posted By: Dozer
Used to be better before they filled in alot of the mud.

I disagree!! one of those mud holes ate my wheeler!!! Granted, that was operator error smile That was an expensive trail ride that day boys!!! But it really is a great trail system to ride! I'm heading to pine center on may 2nd myself.

Should have been there 3 years ago before all the "improvements" started!

"improvements" 'ya I like that one. The best thing about spider lake was the variety of trails they had. It was not the typical Minnesota gravel road trail system. I have not been there in a couple years but will get there a few times this year and hope that it is still the same or similar. I like a variety and especially like the mud/water but don't expect a whole lot of that from this state. If it is still similar to what it was when I last went you will not be dissappointed.

We were up there last weekend. Even with the rain last Thurs and Fri there was no mud to be found. My nephews 2WD wheelers had no trouble anywhere on the trails. If anything the forest roads were in worse shape than the ATV trails. I remember the good old days when you were never sure if you were going to make it through some of those trails. The power lines north of Hwy 2 used to have some good riding but that's all blocked off now as well. With that said, it's still a good place to take the family for a day.

yeah i was up there last weekend also. Not much for mud other than the main road, we found one deep puddle at the bottom of a hill. Trails were very fun. I just couldn't believe how many people were out there after about noon.

There should be some good riding up there after this rain. Might try to get up there on Sunday.

I also emailed the DNR about all the fill ins up there. I'll let you know what I hear back. Got one reply in a day but not what I was looking for so emailed back and waiting for a second.

So is this a Spider Lake trail in Minnesota you're talking about here?! As the only Spider Lake I know of is in Wisconsin lol, just checking so I don't feel like a dummy if I reply about the trail and it's the wrong one!