• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camera on bicycle.

Does any one have a good idea for carrying their camera on a bicycle so you can stop and access it quickly when needed?.Right now I just strap it on the back rack in the camera bag. We plan on getting a camera pack,but this too will take awhile to get to when riding. Something on the handle bars would be great.

Just google the Cotton Carrier. I have used neck straps, the R-strap and the Cotton Carrier is the best way to carry and protect a camera I have found. My experience with strapping optics to a bicycle rack ended as a costly mistake, I literaly shook a good spotting scope to pieces in just one ride.

I agree you don't want this mounted to the bike. Lowepro makes a number of cases called "Sling" cases. They are designed to swing around on the chest and grab the camera from the side of the case. Makes it easy and fast to grab the camera.

Thank you for the suggestions and advice. You diffidently steered me away from carrying it on the bike. It got me thinking that the camera would be going through the same punishment as my butt.(any good seat suggestions? crazy) Now to investigate Packs and sling systems. Once again it's the fishing forum to the rescue! Thanks.