• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Garage Logic is a Shell of What it Was

titelines

Just venting a little here. Whether you like the politics or not, I think GL is one of the best programs on the air. I'm a long-time listener and love Joe and The Rook, but ever since the change-over to ESPN, it's a little frustrating.

To illustrate:

* Most obvious is that they shaved the program from 3 1/2 hours down to 2 hours.

* With the top of the hour news, they come on the air at about 4:05.

* They get into the show, but after about 15 minutes have to go to a traffic report, then to commercial.

* They come back and maybe take a call, then have to go to a 5 minute bottom of the hour news/sports update.

* After that, they have a 5 minute Wall Street Journal report...then to commercial.

* The show resumes for 15 minutes or so, then it's back to traffic, news update, then top of the hour sports update from ESPN.

* This is repeated again in hour #2.

I'd say that for a 120 minute show, there is about 70 minutes of actual Garage Logic going on. The rest is news/sports updates, Wall Street reports and commercials. There's just too many breaks, there is no flow, not enough time to really get into any topic or have any real discussion about it.

Kinda frustrating, but I guess that's how it is now. I see the day coming when they dump all the local shows and just go with a national sports ESPN theme. If that happens. I sure hope another station would pick up GL and some of the other local programming.

It'll be interesting to see how this "new" GL does against Barreiro in the ratings.

It doesn't matter. I'm sure ESPN has paid for their airtime, so Steve Conrad and others running 1500 aren't going to care about ratings.

I can't believe it's the other way around, but I suppose 1500 COULD have gone begging to ESPN to come over to them.