• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing in or near Appleton Wi.

I am looking for any and all advice that I can get. I live in the Minneapolis area, my wife is from Appleton. On most holidays we travel to Appleton to spend time with her family, and we stay with her parents. I need to get out of the house from time to time, and was looking for a place to wet a line from shore. Species doesn't matter all that much. Bass, walleye, and pike/musky are my preferences, but I am ok with targeting ANYTHING that swims. I'll be in town over Easter weekend. Thanks in advance for your help!

Dylan,

I can't offer you much as far as shorefishing in the immediate Appleton area. I'm sure you may be able to find some place on the Fox River to try within Appleton,Neenah,Menasha area. I will suggest the following though that are within a 20min drive.

A. Oshkosh - Rainbow Park - Plenty of shorefishing on both sides of the river and a good chance to grab some walleyes as the bite is taking off right now. Take Hwy41 S to Oshkosh, get off on the Hwy 21 exit Turn Left. Follow 21 2miles and take a left just before the bridge.

B. Winneconne - Very popular place to catch walleyes again from the Bridge. This may be very crowded on the weekend, but worth the shot of finding a spot as they catch walleyes more consistently than the guys in the boats. Common rigs are your simple 3-way rigs and milwaukee shiners. Take Hwy 41 S, take the 441 S ramp to Hwy 10 W, follow Hwy 10 and get off on Hwy 45 S exit. Take the CR-GG/WI 116 ramp toward Winneconne.

Hope this helps you a little bit.