• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Motor tilt switch in bow not working

Carpenter

I have a tilt switch in the bow of my boat for the main motor and it hasn't ever worked. Anyone able to tell me where the wires should run and connect to so my trouble shooting might be a bit easier? (Console type boat)

The wires are probably somewhere near the console.. you're looking for a red, green and blue wire...

The next question is what brand motor do you have? Depending on your answer the connection to the motor will be different slightly.

marine_man

I haven't worked on a Verado... so bear in mind things might not be exactly as I describe, but should be similar...

Regardless, what I'd do is look under the hood, whichever side the electrical harness routes to, for a green, blue and red wire... they used to have those three wires with bullet connectors sitting empty near the wiring harness that you could extend if you so desired.

What you need to do is run a wire from your trim & tilt switch wires (check under the dash, or, follow the wires from the back of the switch to wherever they route) to the motor and connect them blue for blue, green for green & red for red, and you'd be in business.

marine_man

The switch in the bow it's a boat manufacturer installation. Usually is set as a convenience item when they build the boat. Wiring is same for all motor manufacturers and it gets spliced into the main harness somewhere near the remote control or the dash. There is no fuse for it, except inside motor cowl.

Try take the panel off and see if the wiring is attached to the switch (3 wires red, blue, and green). Otherwise, if boat is new, you should ask the dealer to fix it for you, since it's in warranty.

I found the wires in the bow (colors just as you guys said) but couldn't find them under the dash and they don't run back to the motor, so I'm guessing the control. i might try the dealer, but they're over an hour away and not always helpful frown I did test the switch and it's working, just need to find the other ends!