• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV Tires

Cowhead

Ha ha yeah im going to TriCounty Pit From Wahpeton ND I am going with a buddy of mine from Avon and we were going to go to Appleton but its still closed

even from Avon you're talking about a 2 1/2 hour drive. Atleast it's bigger than what it used to be otherwise I would say to save yourself the travel time and money.

Tri County is a retired gravel pit. The new (back) half isn't as deep as the front part. There used to be a couple a smaller mudholes that you could still bury your quad in. Honestly it caters more to the sport crowd. No matter what type of machine you ride, you better have some good bash protection in the front pit. The pit has been known ot have rocks the size of volley balls appear outta nowhere and bend up some rims and a-arms.

I haven't been there for a couple years so I can't comment on the current conditions.

I would be more than willing to but I can only put two wheelers on the trailer and i dont think the Jeep would agree with three on there even if we tried ha ha ha Im going to call Appleton again tomorrow and see what i can find out if they will be open this weekend but im guessing Not Before I leave Ill let you know gr8icefishinmind maybe you will have to make the journey down too

I got my new tires and wheels on today hopefully ill be able to get out and ride this weekend and ill let you all know how they work

26x10 Front

26x12 Rear

Kenda Bear Claws on Vision Buckshot 158 Wheels

I'm new on here and a avid atv rider and I'm looking for some input on the Kenda Bear Claw, As I'm thinking about getting at set of 25 or 26inch for my Arctic Cat 500,I was wondering if anyone as a set of them and what you think of them as all round tire.

bear claws are awesome I have a set on some extra rims I have for my Polaris scrambler. They are an awesome tire, a little on the heavy side but yet they are a 6ply tire, and you cant beat them for the price.

Welcome to HSO Wheelerboy.

My old Vinson is on it's 3rd owner and still has the Bear Claws on it that I had put on back in 2001. I stayed with stock size. As rundrave mentioned, they're a 6 ply tire so the puncture resistance will be great. Compared to the stockers that came on the Vinson and were punctured by some bean stubble. frown

In the time I had the machine, the bear claws performed excellent. I was on a winter ride and I couldn't have asked for more. One of our group was stuck about 5 miles back and I took a very "spirited" ride back to find him. The Bear Claws handled the snow almost like I was on hard pack dirt. Great performing tire for the money.

Well i just got mine on Today and well I havent got a chance to use them yet but most certianly will try and get out this weekend again check out my KingQuad with 26's on it I really like the way they look and the bit i had em in the Alley today they hooked up nice

Tri County is a retired gravel pit. The new (back) half isn't as deep as the front part. There used to be a couple a smaller mudholes that you could still bury your quad in. Honestly it caters more to the sport crowd. No matter what type of machine you ride, you better have some good bash protection in the front pit. The pit has been known ot have rocks the size of volley balls appear outta nowhere and bend up some rims and a-arms.

I haven't been there for a couple years so I can't comment on the current conditions.

I never got to see the Big rocks i seen some but the were usually on along the outer walls and the back pit is where we did all our playing in the mud and some of those hills are just a bit to extreme for me to go running up we were told to stay out of the mud hole in the front pit by a guy he said for a small hole its bottomless but i wasnt brave enuf to go ahead and hydrolock the suzuki lol

Thanks LEP7MM for welcoming on here!

I just realize that I never replied back to the comments about my Question on Kenda Bear Claws, Thanks everyone on the input and I bought a set of 26 inch Bear Claws mounted them on a set of oem Arctic Cat wheels, I can't wait to put them on this weekend go for ride. I know I will be out next weekend riding on the Red Top, doing Trail Ambassador on the trail. I will have to post a picture of my machine.

CowHead, I didn't get out this weekend on the trail, but rode around my land up north and they are AWESOME and can't wait to get the trail and see how they handle, they are smooth riding so far.