• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

summit viper

kevfish1

Nice stand. Well constructed, easy to use, and will last a long time. The only issue is that it isn't necessarily designed for a bowhunter. You can certainly use it bowhunting - and I do - but it isn't really possible to shoot unless you are standing up to shoot. However, that doesn't bother me as I prefer to stand and shoot anyway.

I can take mine off my back, attach to the tree and get 20 feet up, if there aren't any branches to saw off, in about 3-4 minutes. I sprayed expanding foam inside the frame to quiet it down and I would definitely recommend it. I can shoot sitting down if it is on the side, but I can't if I try to shoot in front of me. It is pretty easy standing up from a sitting position. I keep my seat and platform a little further apart so my legs aren't quite at a 90 degree angle when sitting down. I would also recommend the footrest. It is definitely more comfortable and helps standing up. Also, if you haven't used a climber before. I would definitely practice on a tree in your yard so you can get the feel of things before you get into the woods. Practice helps with confidence and technique, but as always, don't try to climb too fast and be careful!

It is very easy to stand up in the summit viper, and you feel very comfortable for the same reason that shooting sitting down is a problem - you are fully surrounded by a bar. The stand is easy to assemble, easy to climb in, and easy to sit in for long periods of time. Its a great stand overall. If I had one complaint, it is that the stand isn't the lightest stand on the market, but it is still easy to pack and carry backpack style.

I've hunted from a Viper, and then a Titan, for 6 or 7 years. Easy to set up if there are no branches, and very comfortable to sit in. It's a great stand for rifle hunting, but I've missed a lot of chances on deer because I couldn't stand up in time or do so without alerting the deer. I'm still going to use it next year a few times, but mostly I plan to hunt out of my Tree Saddle.

Awesome stand! I bought the cabelas brand. It is THE best thing I have bought for deer hunting hands down. I always had a hang-on before and they are a pain if you can't leave them there. It has made me a more mobile hunter, changing trees and adjusting where I am hunting to provide the best shot opportunity. I liked mine so much that my dad tried it and bought one also. I will be getting my son one before next fall also. Buy it, you won't be disapointed. Buy the summit skins for it right away, they really quiet the stand down also.

The summit skins are much thicker than duct tape, there is a layer of foam which really eliminates noise and vibration. I would also recommend the Razor SS over the Viper SS if your using it for bow hunting. It still has the bar in front for easy climbing but it can be put down completely out of the way for easy shooting even when sitting down.