• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Home Made Lure

I have an idea for a lure that I would like to make. I have made several completed prototypes but they are not as clean or as strong as I would like, primarily because I am not using the right equipment. For instance I am soldering two pieces of metal together to form the body and the "weld" is not holding up well. I really thinkt the lure has some potential and would like to make up a dozen or so to paint and test. Is there a store or HSOforum that any of you recommend to get supplies? I am specifically looking for round blanks around the size of a penny that I can somehow weld together at home. Which brings up another question, what do you think is the best way for me to weld the two parts together? Am I able to do this by soldering them together or do I need to find someone willing to weld them for me?

Im not sure what you are trying to find or do from you description but jannsnetcraft and barlows have a lot of lure making supplies. If you put a picture of the things you are trying to find or weld it would be easier to help you out with them. You can just get a picture that doesn't give away any of your design if you want. As for the weld solder is most likely not going to hold up if there is any force on it. An actual weld might be better for what you are looking for. Have you tried drilling a whole or two and connecting with some wire and then solder that so it is a little stronger