• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a rod builing class

Does anyone have any information on any upcoming or regularly available rod building classes? I have bought a couple books but I think it would be helpful to take a class. I live in the Little Falls area, but if the timing is right I don't have a problem traveling a bit.

I would give Al and Bill a call at Midwest Rod and Reel. Both of them are great guys, and will take care of you. They have classes and also offer a 1 on 1 class for not much more that a group class that is great. Hope that helps.

I found one at Gary's custom rods in anoka. I was gonna send him an email and find out the details. It say on his HSOforum 25 - 40 bucks for the class plus the materials. I want to get into building some rods myself and would like to take the lakelady class but I'm just looking for something a little closer to home and this one is 5 minuites away.

I would give Al and Bill a call at Midwest Rod and Reel. Both of them are great guys, and will take care of you. They have classes and also offer a 1 on 1 class for not much more that a group class that is great. Hope that helps.

I second that, Al mentioned something about some classes coming up in the future.

My wife thinks so, but then....she don't fish so much. She looks at all my rods and then when I say I want to build another she says what do you need another one for, it is like every situation/type of fishing needs a certain type of rod and when you can really customize well then it can get really specialized.

Thanks upnorth I do have one form a friend but would like to get my own. I hope to get someone that is willing to let theres go. The old print is better than the new print. I have read both and think the old as better picturs and working in it.

Thanks

Peggy