• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brake Problems

Bass Whacker

On a wheeler that age, I'd say that the cables for both the foot and hand brake for the rear brake need to be lubed at the very least, but if they have never been done with a cable luber then they probably need replacing. Also, the shoe anchor, and the actuator shaft should be cleaned and greased. The inside of the drum should be cleaned with a wire wheel or sanding drum, and the drum seal needs to be cleaned and greased.

As far as the fronts, they are hydraulic and if the handle is hard to squeeze you may have seized brake cylinders. The front brake drums need similar service to the rears including cleaning the drums and seals and lubing the seals.

Doing this maintainance once a year or so will insure good brake performance and longest life.

after doing some more research I decided on a disk conversion in the near future. But I have an issue with the clutch it wants to slip with with the big tires/wheels on it I'm just wondering if there is any adjustment in the stock clutch springs or am I going to have to upgrade. thanks