• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

95 MXZ Mods?

mabr

Well after our get together on the north shore and ridding Greggs newer MXZ im ready for a change in sleds BUT. I cant justify it right now. So, what can I do to change mine to make it more ridder friendly. I loved the higher stance of the new styles. What am I looking at $ to add risers for the bars, and upgrade the suspension. Those are to two things i can see that would improve it the most. Also has anyone on here added a REV seat to an older frame?

Well after our get together on the north shore and ridding Greggs newer MXZ im ready for a change in sleds BUT. I cant justify it right now. So, what can I do to change mine to make it more ridder friendly. I loved the higher stance of the new styles. What am I looking at $ to add risers for the bars, and upgrade the suspension. Those are to two things i can see that would improve it the most. Also has anyone on here added a REV seat to an older frame?

mabr, here is one idea I forgot to tell you about when we were out on the trails talking about this. Bring your sled into the garage. Get a come-a-long hanging down from the rafters. Jack up the radator cap, and slip a New MXZ under it!! Works ever time! laughlaughgringrin

Have you looked at your tunnel to see if there are any extra holes that you can drop the suspension down to? I've seen guys add little plates added to drop them, but it only raises it a few inch's. Also, there are after martket upgrades but some times you have to get a new track as well. So, you may add up some cost to it. Try and check Kirks or the web, for upgrades. wink

I put in a new rear shock and dropped the suspension to the holes in the plates (about an 1" or 2") the ride was way better. Do I need to make any track adjustments after moving the suspension to the new holes?

The only thing you may have to watch for is more ski pressure as you are changing your load forward a bit. You may have to adjust the front sus, strap if it's to much. wink