• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Job Opportunities?

Grabs

Does anyone out there have any job opportunites? I am looking for a change right now, trying to find something more excited and something that keeps my interest. It would be really awesome to find something related to fishing or the outdoors in some shape or fashion. I have an BSEE degree, but I am interested in hearing just about anything anyone has to offer, I would prefer to stay in MN because it is just awesome here!! Hey, if something comes to mind let me hear it?

Chris Graber
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 03-21-2002).]

I currently work in an Electronic Controls group with a Hydraulics manufacture in the SW Metro. My degree is a talk in Electrical Engineering(BSEE) from Milwaukee School of Engineering (2000), although I enjoy working on many engineering project types. I would like to get away from design. I really enjoy working with people and processes more than I do designing. I have experience in many different jobs throughout high school and college. I am just searching for any new opportunites that might end up being the job I can really enjoy getting up to each morning.

Thanks for any help.

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 03-21-2002).]

GRABS, if you are posting on this board you must like to fish. have you ever thought about trying to guide, you get to meet alot of new people, spend time in the outdoors, and fish (get payed to fish).
good luck in your quest

happy hunitng
duck

Grabs
I know Polaris ind. in Roseau is always looking for people with engineering backgrounds. They pay their hourly assembly employees a decent wage [my wife works there], no idea what salaried engineering staff brings home, probably not what you might get in the metro area but??? If you like sleds/ATV's all employees get a great discount too. Housing up here is probably half or even less than a comparable house in the cities. Great hunting and of course Lake of the Woods is 20 minutes away if you like to fish? LOL.

Fisky

Grabs
I just peeked at Mn job service, there are a few Engineering jobs listed, you could look there, Roseau zip is 56751. Terri Larson is a contact in personnel who could inform you of what they might have to offer someone with you're skills. You can e-mail her at; [email protected], I could try and get a phone # for her if you would rather call, but maybe e-mail and request her to call you or give you a # to reach. Forgot to mention earlier, they give a quite nice bonus each year in march also, cash and stock, of course very good insurance benifits also. Shoot her an e-mail, maybe we'll end up in a boat together this summer!

Good luck....Fisky

Think hard before guiding, anybody with a boat can take people out and charge them for it!! Good guides take people with no exp. and put them on fish day in and day out. The pressure is immense, but it can also be rewarding. I love the times that I hear kids tell their folks that this is the best time fishing ever, and have the folks ask questions to help put them on fish back home!!

What is PRD? And where can I find more information.

As far as guiding, yes that would be awesome, but I don't think I am ready for that experience yet. And to get to that level it would take a considerable about of time and money upfront.

fiskyhut, do you or your wife have any inside contacts at Polaris? I would love to work for Polaris, so any contact information you can provide would help. I am interested in what positions they might have to offer.

Thanks for the ideas.

I found out what PRD is and I found a HSOforum, thanks for the information. Sounds like a cool place, but it may be tough for me to find a fit there, doesn't sound like much electronics, although I would like to find some change too, just not too excited about going back to school to achieve it right now.

Thanks