• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New license question?

Rippinlip

For all of you that have not purchased your new fishing or sportsman license, here it comes again. This year they are asking if you fished specifically for walleyes last year. What are your guesses for this one?
Only thing I can reasonably come up with is maybe looking at pressure on those EYES or maybe lowering bag limits, statewide slots, personally I am in favor of lower bag limits and more relaxed slots. I would like to see slots put on lakes around here(southern minnesota) I get upset seeing SOME fisherman keeping limits of these cigar size EYES and then complaining that they never catch any decent ones. DAAAAAAAA.

Rippin,

I think that they are asking several random questions. For instance, the two questions I was asked was, If I planned on fishing for Norther Pike, and If I did, what were the odds that I would release something over 36 inches.

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

A buddy and I bought ours at the same time and none of the questions asked of us were the same. One of mine was if I would specifically target largemouth bass this year, instead of walleye.

There is about 20 different questions that are asked in random order. I know some people aren't truthful answering the questions because they think a fee will be added or something.

[This message has been edited by fishfearme (edited 03-14-2002).]

Frankly, I believe the questions are designed to target specific markets for commercial users. We know the state sells mailing lists to various groups-- including those after more of our $$.

I think too they are random questions, since they asked me if I have an underwater camera.

I was also afraid I was going to get in trouble or pay extra fee, so I didn't know what to say, then the guy said it doesn't make any difference, it's just a poll.

Val

walleye1.gif

[This message has been edited by Valv (edited 03-19-2002).]