• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Video Camera for fishing/hunting

ac777

Can you point me in the right direction? Heres what I want. I want it to be digital so I can transfer to my comp and not worry about film. Decent optiGood battery life. And good price. I'd like it to be under $200, and I might have to go used to do it, but that's fine though. I will mainly be using it for hunting, fishing, and spearing. What can you reccomend?

thanks

The last year I’ve been taking all my video with a “Flip” Video camera. Very impressed with the ease of use and portability and compactness.

They have them in an HD version now too. About the size of a small digital camera and it has a flip out USB adapter (hence the name). There are a few limitations though.

1. Zoom is pretty much useless

2. No stability control, so you need to stay steady

3. No fancy editing features.

Other than that they work great. Simply push the button to record, push the button to stop. No setting to mess with.

Most all my 100 or so videos here have used that camera. The quality on my PC is actually much better, but it is compressed for YouTube. If you select the 480p or HD version on the video playback, it will look much better.

Take a look

http://www.youtube.com/user/DTroFishOn

Take a look at the Flip video cams or the KODAK PLAYSPORT Video Camera. Kodak looks like it will be a real winner but won't be out until April. Price around $150. For under $200 the small pocket size recorders will likely be your best bet. Simplicity and ease of use are what makes these something to look at.

I will also mention that if you plan on doing any editing with Windows via Movie Maker (available on most PC’s), make sure that the output format of the camera you purchase is .wmv or a supported format.

I was thinking of buying a Kodak or another one (I can’t think of right now), but both outputted to a .mov file and you either needed the Pro version of Quicktime ($) spend time converting to a supported format in order to edit.