• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The perfect Spear House

Kiecker

For which way you have the door open it will make a difference if you are right or left handed and how the inside of the house is situated. You also want the most room for your throwing arm so the wall doesn’t interfere with any throws you make.Have the heat system out of the way so when there is a pike on the spear it doesn’t wreck it when you are exiting the house to get the pike off. If the pike are hit wrong the sure flop around and can make a mess if things are cramped in the house.

Thinking about building a house with skis. How did you guys build the floors? Did you mount the skis permantly to the floor and just bank around the house? Or do you pick the house up, remove skis and set on ice? How did you build your ski? Trying to design so I do not have to tip it on its side or remove the skis. Hook onto it and move it around.

Any other good ideas that I may want to put in the design of my shack? Thanks guys

Did you mount the skis permantly to the floor and just bank around the house? Or do you pick the house up, remove skis and set on ice?

Whatever you do you don't want the floor too high off the ice, it will block your view and may make your hole freeze in faster if wind gets to it.

It is nice to have the floor off the ice but IMO no more than 2" off the ice.

I personally don't think that tipping the house on the side is a big deal it works rather nicely.

Thin skis need off the floor a few inches since they will "cut" though the snow.

Wider skis float on top of the snow and can be closer to the floor.

I built mine out of some rounded angle iron that I can remove light weight and for first ice it slides across the ice really easy.

It might be kinda hard to see in this pick but I welded a piece of tubeing that fits into another piece and pins in when I get to the spot I want to spear I mark the hole skis on then slide it over cut the hole slide it back over the hole and lift one isde pull off ski then repeat on other side.

237.jpg

The set up merkman has I made also but that is a really light weight house so flipping it on its side is really easy and at first ice with no snow you can push it along with one hand.