• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

open office

Does open office read/open MS Word documents? My girlfriend upgraded her laptop to Windows 7 and hence lost MS word, excel, in the process. I was thinking of downloading open office. Or can word pad that is in Windows 7 read MS Word, because I can't get it to read/open any documents. Has open office come out with a Windows 7 version to download?

Did you download and install the program? I just downloaded open office on my other computer, then installed it and it worked automatically. It sounds as if you only downloaded the program. Also, right click and choose open with, if you have the program installed, it should give you the option of openoffice.

Simple1

You may have to start the open office application first then navigate to the proper folder/directory where your files are then open it.

If than works and you want to open a file by just double clicking it. Open up windows explorer, find a file that you want to open, right click, select open with, and choose the open office app you want to open it with if it doesn't show up in the list you will need to browse to it in program files\whatever directory it installed into and find the file. You can find that by right clicking on the app shortcut or icon and going to properties, it will tell you where it is located in the location line. Then check the always use the selected program to open this kind of file.