• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hand -wrist strap for Nikons

I recently purchase a Cotton Carrier and now I need to find a decent hand strap to replace the neck strap I no longer need.

The only thing I have been able to find use a plastic base plate that attaches to the tripod socket. They look a little flimsy. Do any of you know of anything a little more substantial.

Thanks

Yellowhead

This is what I use on my Canon, I would imagine Nikon has the same setup. I having been using a hand strap for years with no problems at all. Don't remember the price but I think it was less than $20.

753236924_vHBmJ-L.jpg

753236767_iZwyX-L.jpg

Thanks for the pics. It proves one thing, the guys at Canon are a lot smarter then the guys at Nikon. There appears to be an attachment point on the bottom of Canon Cameras something that is sadly missing on Nikon. Unforunately all I have on the bottom is the tripod socket. I need the tripod socket for the Cotton Carrier attachment device. I manage to modify a hand strap to correct the problem, it works OK but is not ideal.

You can also rig your standard camera strap using the bottom fasten point. If you do a lot of vertical shooting but still want a full strap, this keeps the strap out of the way a lot better when you go vertical. I had both my bodies rigged that way when I was shooting a lot of sports. I wanted the full monte but was grateful Canon provided a better option than merely two top fasten points.

In fact, I'll probably go back to it. There's a lot of fast changing from horizontal to vertical framing in candid action wedding stuff, as well as action portraiture.

As in Dan's photos, you attach one end of the full strap to the bottom fasten point but the other end goes on the top fasten point on the opposite side of the camera.