• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

spearing on LOW

JERKlips

anybody have any experience spearing on the the big pond? Im hualing up my perm shack for the winter next week thinking about putting it out before pine island.. anyone else ever spear out there? What worked for you? thanks

I've speared out of Zipple, in front of Warroad and off of Elm Pt. I had better luck on the west side than I did at Zipple but I would imagine Zipple is as good as any.

I just used 2 daredevils with the big pearl button on a spinner but I would thing some types of live or dead bait would work well too, I pretty much do only tip up fishing now days on L.O.W's and I end up with lots more action on tipus than I ever did spearing.

Good luck! It's quiet a site seeing a 40" plus pike charge your daredevil spinner setup, if you're not ready for it, scares the HECK out of ya. They come thru with authority!

Mike

thanks for the info Mike. Thats just what I needed to hear. Been spearing 4-5 years now and speared many 30-35 inchers but still haven't had a shot at the big one. You'd think theres 40+ inchers swimming in LOW that have never seen a red white decoy! Thanks again

I tried it last year at Zippel Bay. The water was murky and the action was slow, at least on the day I was there.

Personally, I would rather spend my limited time up there fishing for walleye or tip-up fishing for northerns. The slot limit made me a little nervous.

It would be awesome to see some of those big LOTW pike.

Good luck.