• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Black Lab Puppy for 9 year old boy & family who lost 3 dogs in fire

Grabs

I have a huge favor to ask, as I am trying to help a family out who just yesterday lost everything. You may have heard about the Mero family in Buffalo whose home burned to the ground yesterday. All of the family is safe as none of them were home, however all three of the family's black labs were stuck inside the home as it burned. Dylan, the family's 9 year old boy is heart broken about having lost his "buddies". The home and everything inside is completely gone. The family will be into a rental home very soon. I am one of Kim's co-workers and a dog lover as Kim and her family are too. I just know how happy Dylan would be to have a new buddy this Christmas having just lost his.

If by chance you have puppies available, would you have the ability to donate a puppy to this family this Christmas? If not donate would you be able to help out in some way?

Here is a link to the news story from Channel 9 news, the video is also there:

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/Fire-Destroys-Home-in-Buffalo-dec-17-2009

Thank you for your consideration.

please send me an e-mail if you can help in some way

eyzfishin at gmail dot com

I wish you luck in finding one. Does it have to be a puppy? This might not be the best time to deal with a puppy if they just lost their house. I sent you an email regarding a 1 year old black lab that's looking for a new home.

I was just digging into younger dogs and this may be the best route! Just didn't think they would be this readily available, more so than puppies.

This may work out well.

Thanks for the e-mail I am looking into it.

This was osted on RTF a few days ago but might be worth a call

June was born in Sept 08. Very small dog. She loves kids and being around people. She will be a very good house dog. She is very obdient-sit heel, kennel. She is the type of dog that melts in your hands when you touch her. She loves attention and is very,very calm.

She has an excellent pedigree, but just can't handle pressure of any kind. I am looking to place her with someone who wants a great indoor pet.

Pick-up only

Thanks,

Scott Hopkins

Camargo IL, 61919

217-832-8173

What a terrible story my thoughts go out to the family/ Regarding the replacement dog however, replacing a family pet immediately after losing previous pet is not advised. We just went through the loss of a pet and everyone I talked to advised that we allow the kids time to mourn. THe time of mourning gives them time to cement memories but more importantly a quick replacement pet can give young children the idea that life is replaceable.