• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Starting EFI Arctic Cat

berfish

I just bought an 1995 Arctic Cat Pantera 580 EFI. It doesn't have electric start because "it starts so easy you don't really need it" acording to the guys I bought it from. The guy he bought it from took it out beacuse is wasn't working. Anyway... it does start up nice after two pulls from the two days I have had it. You can hear the "EFI" buzzing between pulls. Now.... What happens if the battery dies and the EFI doesn't work? Can I still start it if the EFI isn't working? THere doesn't seem to be a choke on the dash area or handle bars.

I'm no mechanic but i believe on all the ac efi sleds up to 08 you need to have a battery that is not stone dead to get it to run. In 08 they revamped the system the first pull primed the second pull machine would fire and then the stator put out enough to run the efi But the early years it needed the battery to get it started

I just bought an 1995 Arctic Cat Pantera 580 EFI. It doesn't have electric start because "it starts so easy you don't really need it" acording to the guys I bought it from. The guy he bought it from took it out beacuse is wasn't working. Anyway... it does start up nice after two pulls from the two days I have had it. You can hear the "EFI" buzzing between pulls. Now.... What happens if the battery dies and the EFI doesn't work? Can I still start it if the EFI isn't working? THere doesn't seem to be a choke on the dash area or handle bars.

I believe with this model a battery is required and must have good charge in it to run properly. If the battery is dead, you're going no where.

If I am not mistaken, the batteryless EFI Cats started showing up in some ZR models in '97 and became common in '98 and beyond, these models did not require a battery unless you had electric start, that was the only reason they had a battery in them.

If your battery is in the least bit weak in this 550 Pantera, your sled will not run well, spit, sputter and quit.

Mike