• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Honda winch mount

Inthehollow

Mounting a winch to a honda forman rubicon wear is a guy tomount that solinoid? or can a guy ad on to the leads and mount it up front wear there is acctuly some room. They must want it close to the batterey with only 12" leads. thanks for ant advice and or ideas. Bret

I usually mount the solenoids up front under the plastic. Most of the winch kits have 2 long cables and 2 short ones. The long ones I use to run to the solenoid, and I use the short ones from the solenid to the winch. If the cables are still too short, you can add on by using the same size cable with butt connectors and heat shrink. A better option would be to buy the right amount of cable and crimp and heat shrink new terminals on the ends to avoid the extra connection.

This is a warn brand winch with the leads all ready conected to the solenoid and then sealed.It says short to batterey long to the winch then it has leads to go to the switch the switch has enuff cable to go around the machine twice.I think I will extend the cable and mount up front.

There is no reason you cant mount the solenoid where you want it, cut the cables to length and splice the leftover on to the short ones. For a good connection, as said above, use dielectric grease, crimp with a good butt connector, and dont forget to put the heatshrink sleeve on the wire before you crimp. Dont use tape, its a poor substitute and you will have corrosion problems sooner or later.