• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Springer Spaniel training

Ballyhoo

I just got a new spaniel and am wondering about different trainers in northern half of state. I am having a hard time finding the names of any trainers when i search. I would be willing to go to Brainerd area or a little south of there if it is a good trainer.

Also, pup is about 4 mo old. When is the best time to send her off? I am looking for basic obedience for now and hunting training later.

My father-in-law breeds/trains springers in Grand Forks. He does field trials and is also a trial judge so he knows his stuff w/ dogs, he bred/trained my 2 labs.

As far as the best age we let ours be puppies and build a bond before doing obedience and training, sometimes it's almost 8mo-1yr.

Pineshadows is in Brainerd. They do boarding and training - and have good results.

I also know a guy on here from the Alex area - I think he goes by FCspringer (Ken) - he trains Springers and is very good - he competes in a lot of field trials and does well. You should hook up with those guys. I'm pretty sure Kenny will chime in on this when he sees it.

I will third Pine Shadows in Brainerd. Morgan is a terrific trainer and is great with Springers. He trains and works with a good number of terrific trial dogs. He will also take the time to help you going forward.

I think you will be impressed with their facility and program. I trained my dog with Morgan and would w/o question do it again.