• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just his luck!

tracker x-2

I talked to my old man who was doing a little last minn stand moving and locating today. He went out at 11 to move some stuff around and as he was hanging a stand a six pt came down the trail where he was working and banging tree steps. The buck stoped and he let the little guy get within 5 yards. Then he trotted off. My dad decided to go out tonight and "Just Watch for deer" is what he told me cuz this is more of a shotgun stand with to much brush around it and due to his worn out arms he was trying to save any last bit of energy left for gun opener. Sense he did not bring his bow confused I bet you can all guess what happend. wink Of course around 4:30 the biggest deer he has seen live in the woods comes in around ten yards lol He was lookin and sniffin around and walked off lookin for a doe. Hopefully he comes back this weekend. Just thought id let you in on a funny story.

Your dad should have his head examined for going in the woods at all without his bow right now. To me, that would just be unthinkable.

Yep alwasy carry a bow or gun because you never know. A story at our shack is one of the old timers shot a doe many years back, his buddie comes to help gut and drag the deer back to the trail. One of them heads back for a the sled (no wheelers back then) and the other guys hops in the stand but leaves his gun on the groun thinking nothing would be around after they just made all kinds of noise. Sure enough 1 minute after the first guy is out of sight out steps a monster buck, nothing the guy could do, just watched the buck wonder by while his gun was helplessly leaning up against a tree on the ground.

ya he was pretty dissapointed cuz he passed on a lot of small ones already hoping for a big one, but it dosent get him down to bad. He has shot enough bucks to appriciate just seein him out there. Im sure with my whole family out there this weekend we will get a crack at him if not dad and I got till Dec. 31st grin