• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Golden-Crowned Kinglet

Birdsong

I had this visitor in the yard today. I wanted to try out a 28-135 IS lens that I bought from a lucky 7D owner who didn't want his kit lens to see if it will work for me for a walk- around lens. Seems like I always have the wrong lens on! I think I will like it. Now I just have to get the 40D instructions out, so I can change the Exposure Comp on the fly. Got the little guy overexposed frown Actually it was a bad time of day, though, as well:

4065804202_107e96290e_o.jpg

Showing off his crown:

4065054429_f346b482b7_o.jpg

If you would have shot it at 11:00 yesterday morning instead of 11:00 this morning, the light wouldn't have been quite so harsh. Amazing what a difference of one day might have made. grin

His crown sure does show up nicely, especially in the second shot. You even got a twinkle in his eye.

Second image is a great shot of this lively little sprite! That image also conveys the bird's personality as well, as they seem to be chronic upside down hangers imo, although I suppose that really gives them a niche feeding opportunity.

Would I have to read the instructions? smile

Just a little wink

The best way of trying to understand is to pick up a book by Scott Kelby that is written for the Photoshop version that you are using. I have a copy of Photoshop Elements that I could send to you if you would like to give it a try.

Thanks, that is very generous. I have Elements 6 and the Kelby book. I'm afraid its hopeless! I never seem to sit still long enough. I am taking a class right now, though, and we are using Elements 6, so there is hope. I may even understand layers in a week or so. I have actually been opening some of my photos in PS and using it of late. I guess I am amazed at how much work digital can be and how patient you guys all are! I would much rather be outside.