• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Update problems

I have a HP zd 8000 lap top. Im having problems installing the HP and windows updates. I download them but when I try to install them I get a message saying installed failed. I also am having problems installing Java. I have a 7 year old that likes to play different games on the computer but he cant because they require java. I have tryed to install it from the web site and everything seems to be working. When I go into the gaming site its not reading or loading Java. Can anyone give me any idea what is going on?

This might help windows has this silly thing which you can turn on and off called DEP or data execution prevention meaning that nothing can be installed when this option is on. To check this go into system on control pannel or right click on my computer then properties then under the Advanced tab click on performance then the third tab is data execution prevention make sure that it is only selected for windows programs and services and not all programs

I checked everything you said and everything seems to be fine as you stated. Im thinking I will have you have someone that knows computers look at it. I really have no idea what im doing. Anyone know a good place where I could take it thats around elk river?